Thursday, February 18, 2010
This week I received some extra sparkle when Elizabeth from Ramblings offered me a Sugar Doll Award. Thank you for making me smile. I’ve never been referred to as a sugar doll but it does sound quite southern.
I’d like to offer this award up to fellow blogger, Yvette Ward-Horner at Essential Fiction. She adds a colorful punch to the writing and blogging world with her imaginative stories and those of fellow writers. You can find their blog links on my sidebar.
This sweet award has one condition. To accept, I must reveal ten things about muah that you may not know. Now I feel a bit shy. Okay, the wildflower is wandering away from the punchbowl. Oh, here she comes. Please bare with me.
Really, since I’m giving you ten, might you give me one? Just one lovely little thing about yourself in the comments. That’s fair, don’t you think? I’d really love to know more about each of you.
Okay then. Ten things:
1. I have eight brothers and sisters and loved growing up in a boisterous family.
2. Munich, Germany was my birthplace. I’m an army brat.
3. When I was eight, I almost drowned in a creek.
4. People who litter really tick me off. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. That and those who think they’re more important than others because of a certain title. Everyone is unique and special.
5. I was trained to fight forest fires and use a chainsaw. I loved both. Buzzzz…
6. Quantum physics intrigues me to no end.
7. Ants and Sea Monkeys- as a kid, I was fascinated with both. This was back when Sea Monkeys actually looked like crazy minuscule monkeys and not amoebas. Can you say nerd?
8. My dream is to have a cabin in a minty forest. A horse to ride. Chickens, yes. A garden to tend. Not a store or mall in sight for miles. As you know, I’m already pretty well stocked up on shoes!
9. I’m a trained ballroom dancer. I went to an open audition and much to my surprise was one of four selected out of sixty. Many years ago I could dance a rumba, ChaCha, waltz, tango, foxtrot, etc… around the best of them. I taught couples, which meant I had to know both parts and switch them up lightening fast. I’m still not sure how I managed that. Please don’t ask me to do it now.
10. For many years now I’ve cut my own hair. I’m pretty sure I’ve saved enough money by now to take a sweet Caribbean cruise. I’m picturing myself on the open water with a chocolate martini in hand and wind in my hair. Bring it on.
Now to you, Sugar Dolls!
- ▼ 2010 (23)
- ► 2009 (33)